IFTTT.com (If This Then That) is a great task automation site that has recently launched a mobile app for the iPhone. IFTTT lets you create ‘recipes’ that combine various tasks or services into a single action. For example, you can create a ‘recipe’ that will post an update to your Twitter feed when you right a new blog post. IFTTT also provides a repository of recipes created by the community so you can take advantage of the work of others in the user community.
Attorneys and law firms can take advantage of the new IFTTT app and integrate into their daily work life to take save time and be more efficient. For example, many attorneys are currently using Evernote for storing information about clients, cases, etc. With IFTTT you can do some great things with Evernote and other services such as:
- Create a note for each Calendar entry in Google Calendar
- Take a picture of a receipt and then directly save it to Evernote
- Save specific Gmail emails to Evernote with mailbox filters
- If you mark a tweet as a favorite, save it directly to Evernote
- Send your favorite RSS feeds to Evernote (especially now that Google Reader is gone)
- Post your Facebook updates to Twitter
- Email you when someone Favorites a Tweet from your firm
There are infinite ways that your firm can use this mobile app to specifically meet the needs of your business. The service is free and you should visit the website now to browse through some of the community recipes by clicking here.